This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
19 Feb 2023
Full-Time Senior Staff Interior Designer – Abu Dhabi
Customer selection and definition are handled by the Interior Designer. To help the client make a final selection, prepare numerous products (such as specifications, material swatch boards, and customer samples, for example). As needed, provide direction to other designers in the field of interior design.
Job Title : Senior Staff Interior Designer
Location : Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Salary : $ 30.59 per hour.
Company : Hughes Supply Inc.
Job Type : Full-Time
- Carry out a wide variety of huge, intricate, and sensitive projects that are working in parallel and require on-going contact with the highest officials of the client agency.
- Inspect and appraise tenant agency duties to ensure full facility utilization. This may need housing, phased, and stacked techniques. Use surveys, analytics, and space reports to learn about client programs. This method gathers data, does quantitative and qualitative analysis, and determines space needs. Research special-purpose space and project needs as needed.
- Participating in design consultations and project meetings, programming, space planning, job site visits, finish and furnishing selections, design presentations, vendor coordination and pricing, typing specifications, as well as maintaining client relations and attending and managing design installations; these are just some of the responsibilities.
- Completing information about orders in an accurate manner, collecting deposits and fees, maintaining customer records in an organized fashion, and doing research into client payments and deliveries
- Review design intent drawings, reflected ceiling plans, finish, door and hardware schedules, telephone and electrical specifications and plans, furniture plans, architectural detailing, details and millwork, and coordinates color and finishes. Use cost estimation skills to create budgets and check contractor costs. As COR, ensure all parties follow design intended plans. Reviews change orders and assists projects as needed.
- Keep an eye on the private contractors hired by the government to work on space-related projects. Assign tasks to contractors based on the project’s scope. Initiate requests for services from designated contractors according to agreed upon scopes of work; prepare a detailed justification for selection; keep tabs on project progress; enact contractual obligations; document contractual actions; verify deliverables are compliant; process partial or final payment; and amend the original delivery order to take into account new or revised requirements.
- Consult client-agency execs on services, approach, and workplace design. Plan project timetable to meet client/team goals. Assist client agency personnel and contractor with office design. Resolves client agency’s technical design problems and ensures design and space allocation criteria are met. Consult with client-agency authorities throughout space planning and interior design to make oral, textual, and visual recommendations and to gain permits.
- When working on a commercial project, several areas of interior design, such as the layout, the usage of furniture and equipment, color schemes, and the coordination of color, should all be taken into consideration.
- Interpreting the demands of the customer via the use of consultative skills during pre-design and programming might take place through client meetings, on-site visits, or interviews. Help the customer comprehend the breadth of the services that are necessary, the complexity of the services and deliverables that are required, as well as the budget and the timeline that are required.
- Make an appointment with a professional interior designer so that you may get personalized room design suggestions. There should be a discussion about the benefits of working with a professional and possible options for fabric samples, furniture, tables, and other accents.
- Possession of strong communication skills in all three media, including the ability to draft working drawings, in order to create and effectively deliver visual representations.
- Knowledge of office space management, space planning, layout, furniture, and interior design to create, plan, and execute uncommon and difficult space planning and interior design projects and assess, approve, or alter staff or in-house contractor bids.
- The capacity to alter traditional practice and use cutting-edge planning strategies in order to fulfill uncommon needs, as well as knowledge of sophisticated and cutting-edge applications for space planning and interior design.
- Knowledge of a wide range of Federal procurement rules and procedures; Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), including specific knowledge of simplified acquisition procedures; and sources needed to prepare and award small purchase contracts for interior design and related services.
- Information of computer-aided drawing in order to develop design intent plans and the ability to interact with contractors via the electronic transmission of knowledge on ideas.