22 May 2023
Part-Time Resource Specialist – Ghayathi
As part of our natural resource management team, we are searching for a motivated Forester with previous work experience. This position provides direct assistance to the Senior Resource Forester in a wide range of functions and responsibilities spanning all aspects of the industrial forest’s operations. The Forester reports to the Senior Resource Forester. A small team of workers will be formed around the Forester, and they will be responsible for all elements of the company’s natural resource management in order to meet or surpass the company’s yearly objectives.
Job Title : Resource Specialist
Location : Ghayathi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Salary : $ 24.18 per hour.
Company : UBS Business Solutions Us LLC
Job Type : Part-Time
- This profession encompasses all aspects of forest management and harvest monitoring on company- or privately-owned land.
- Ensures that new construction, changes, and repairs conform with building rules, laws, zoning restrictions, and contract requirements for residential and light commercial buildings.
- Involved in municipal tree and landscaping inspections by providing support and participating in the inspections itself. Plant materials must be of acceptable quality, number and kind; protocols for preserving existing and installing new plants must be followed; and maintenance and care arrangements must be in place. These are all responsibilities of the gardener.
- In this position, you will be responsible for silviculture plan execution in accordance with regional silviculture strategy and the annual plan, field verification of silviculture treatment candidates and the provision of setting-specific recon information to management, silviculture contract negotiation, silviculture operation supervision, timely status updates for system activity updates, contract performance monitoring, including safety, SFI and EMP performance, production, cost and quality performance, and silviculture processing.
- By confirming, setting up, inventorying, route planning, getting access to rights of way, and all other activities related to sale administration, this person helps with the yearly thin and harvest schedules.
- Assess the condition of county-owned forestland and help to write forest stewardship plans that will guide future forest restoration and management. Activities include collecting data in the field and analyzing it to figure out how the forest stands. Work with staff and contractors to use the Forest Landscape Assessment Tool (FLAT) to look at the condition of all forestland parcels that have recently been bought or that have just been bought.
- In order to ensure that the code requirements of other disciplines are met without interfering with the tree and landscape code, site plan review staff (including those from stormwater management, zoning, transportation, and other disciplines) consult with one another throughout the review process.
- Maintain the health and safety of the City’s tree stock and educate other Streets Division employees on appropriate tree care procedures.
- It is critical to maintain forestry-related websites up to date and to develop new outreach materials to assist a variety of forestry initiatives.
- Landscape, tree removal, and site clearing plans are reviewed for compliance with municipal codes and ordinances; lower level inspectors are consulted regarding site inspections to verify the accuracy of information contained in submitted plans; applicants are notified in writing of the reasons for denial; assigns and participates in inspections of site clearing activities to ensure that work is performed in accordance with the plans;
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees, departments, and members of the general public.
- The capacity to evaluate and identify pathological issues in plants; to determine the reparability of sick and physically damaged trees; to study landscaping designs and make good decisions regarding their acceptance or rejection; and; uphold laws and ordinances with diligence, tact, and fairness; Establish and manage successful forestry and landscaping inspection systems; educate staff in tree and landscaping inspections; work outdoors and need some physical endurance.
- Excellent Microsoft Office abilities, particularly Excel and Word proficiency, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills, are required for this position.
- A high degree of knowledge is required in all parts of tree care, from planting to pruning to disease inspection and elimination. Tree management tactics must also be well understood.
- All applicants must have at least six months of experience in the field of landscape design and six months of experience in tree and landscape inspections from an accredited college or university, as well as six months of experience in the field of landscape design and six months of experience in tree and landscape inspections