This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
1 May 2023
Full-Time Remote Engineering technician – Ruwais
Code and scripts for test execution and analysis will be written by an Engineering Technician in Python, C, C++, bash shell, or another language as needed. These scripts/code will execute tests, gather test artifacts, process test artifacts to determine success/failure, and store the results in a stack. The stack will be worked on to facilitate data consumption, data visualization, and key performance indicator reporting (KPIs). They will be able to solve problems on their own, do research, and communicate their findings.
Job Title : Remote Engineering technician
Location : Ruwais, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Salary : $ 29.46 per hour.
Company : Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc.
Job Type : Full-Time
- Assists County infrastructure by collecting, studying, and analyzing a wide range of engineering and operational data; takes part in field and topography surveys for design assignments and in staking/field laying out design components for construction projects; finds out what needs to be done to fix the roads and how badly they need it; checks buildings for conformity to plans and specifications; manages many domains.
- Prepares project contract documents and all necessary permitting; reviews material, labor, and equipment costs for accuracy; develops construction specifications and reviews contractor specifications for compliance with established rules and regulations; organizes bid proposals and calculates cost estimates; and provides technical guidance for construction as needed.
- Supports clients of engineering firms by answering questions, coordinating with experts in the field, drafting letters and mailings to explain projects to the public, addressing questions about building them, and addressing citizen concerns and complaints.
- Responsible for keeping electronic and paper records of daily departmental activity, completing project records and design/drawing files for given projects, and doing database file updates as needed.
- Compiles data on compliance with grant, permit, and environmental regulations; produces and/or updates various maps using CAD; interprets maps and plats; writes legal descriptions of property.
- Plans, skilled engineering drawings, specifications, details, maps, plats, and other displays for engineering projects; works with engineers and other staff to identify and develop solutions to the City’s infrastructure challenges using GPS, GIS, and CADD tools.
- The following tasks are typical of someone in this position. In the absence of specific specifications of the requirements, this does not rule them out if they are similar, related, or a logical assignment for this category. It’s possible to ask for and be given additional tasks.
- Assesses designs and gives preliminary opinions on technical compliance issues; reviews various residential and commercial plans, plats, permits, reports, and studies for conformity with ordinance and building standards. Facilitating the resolution of problems and the provision of code compliance direction by third-party architects and engineers; reviewing and assessing the impact of the proposed project; and making suggestions for approval and/or remedial action to address deviations or violations.
- Reaches out to malfunctioning machinery and fixes it mechanically. Competence in resolving complex issues (when necessary). Its primary function is to repair or replace mechanical components such as motors and controllers that have become old or broken.
- Uses in-depth knowledge of engineering principles and practices to calculate ratios, volumes, angles, grades, construction quantities, and other aspects of assigned projects; provides cost estimates; and checks the accuracy of the calculations provided by third-party contractors.
- A familiarity with computer systems and highway design tools is preferred. As directed, utilizes a variety of computer-based tools, including Autocad Civil D, Trimble, the World Wide Web, spreadsheets, word processing, and State software for roads and bridges.
- Experience in surveying, drafting, or entry-level civil engineering work equivalent to three years is necessary, as is any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- All applicants provisionally selected for VA employment in a testing defined position must submit to a urinalysis to check for illegal drug use prior to their appointment. The VA will reject applicants who refuse to take the exam.
- Applicants must have at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer system engineering, or a related field of engineering.
- Excellent social, organizational, and verbal skills are essential.