This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
1 May 2023
Part-Time Principal Interior Designer – Liwa
Ideal applicant is an ambitious, creative Interior Designer who is enthusiastic about design and wants to enhance client performance via creative cooperation and breakthrough ideas.
Job Title : Principal Interior Designer
Location : Liwa, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Salary : $ 30.44 per hour.
Company : Pep Boys Manny, Moe & Jack
Job Type : Part-Time
- Attending design consultations and project meetings, programming, space planning, job site visits, finish and furniture selections, design presentations, vendor coordination and pricing, typing specifications, and attending and managing design installations are all part of client relations.
- Analyze space use and determine requirements by conducting an in-depth evaluation of the tenants’ agency assignments. This may need housing, phasing, and stacking techniques. Use surveys, analysis, and space requirements reports to gather information about the demands of your client programs. Data collection, quantitative analysis, and qualitative analysis are all involved in determining the amount of space needed. Completing more research if necessary to identify specific project demands and special purpose space.
- There must be a thorough investigation of client payment methods and delivery methods, as well as a thorough inventory of customer data.
- Keeping an eye on government contractors who design and build space is important. Using the project scope, give contractors jobs to do. Prepare scope of work and start request for services with designated contractor, write detailed justification for selection, monitor progress of contracted projects, enforce contract responsibilities, document contract actions, review and approve deliverables for compliance with contract, process partial or final payment based on how well services were done, and change original delivery order to meet new or changed needs.
- Color schemes and color coordination are all critical variables in business interior design. They should be taken into account while planning a layout and selecting furniture and equipment for a given space.
- Examine design intent drawings, reflected ceiling plans, finish, door and hardware schedules, telephone and electrical specifications and plans, furniture plans, architectural detailing, details and millwork, and coordinates color and finishes for areas. Develop budget information and check contractor costs using cost estimation skills. Serve as a Contracting Officers Representative (COR) to verify design intent plans are followed. As needed, reviews change orders and provides project help.
- Talk to client-agency officials about what services will be delivered, how the process will work, and the advantages of a well-designed office space to discuss. The project team and the client will discuss and design a timetable to guarantee that the completion date meets their expectations. Provide a link between the agency’s internal personnel and the contractor in charge of creating new office space. Help the client agency with any technical concerns that arise during the planning of the space, and ensure that the relevant design criteria and any applicable space allocation rules are followed. To get client-agency permissions throughout the space planning and interior design process, also meet with client-agency personnel at key moments.
- Manage many high-profile and sensitive projects at the same time while maintaining regular contact with client agency leaders.
- It’s vital to employ consultative skills to learn about the needs of the customer before beginning any design or programming work. To assist the client understand the range of services, the complexity of services and deliverables, and the money and time required.
- Consult with a professional to get a personalized room design, including samples of textiles, furniture, tables, and accessories, as well as the advantages of working with a professional.
- Possession of strong communication skills in all three media, including the ability to draft working drawings, in order to create and effectively deliver visual representations.
- Knowledge of a wide range of Federal procurement rules and procedures; Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), including specific knowledge of simplified acquisition procedures; and sources needed to prepare and award small purchase contracts for interior design and related services.
- Being able to plan and execute uncommon or difficult office space management projects as well as assess and approve or change proposals from other employees or in-house contractors requires an in-depth understanding of office space management concepts, practices and methodologies.
- Design intent plans may be developed using computer-aided drafting, as well as the capacity to communicate ideas electronically with contractors.
- This includes the ability to modify old practices and apply cutting-edge planning approaches.