25 May 2023
Full-Time Jr. Interior Designer – Jebel Ali
An ambitious, creative Interior Designer that is enthusiastic about design and wanting to enhance our customers’ performance via creative cooperation and breakthrough ideas would be the perfect candidate for this position.
Job Title : Jr. Interior Designer
Location : Jebel Ali, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Salary : $ 28.57 per hour.
Company : Reader’s Digest Association Inc.
Job Type : Full-Time
- Fill out order information correctly, collect deposits and fees, keep customer records in order, and find out about payments and deliveries.
- Perform a range of lengthy, difficult, and sensitive projects spanning in size and complexity, which often run simultaneously and include ongoing communication with the client agency’ top employees.
- Take a close look at any drawings that show the design purpose. This includes everything from floor plans to ceiling detail drawings to schedules for anything from paint colors to door hardware to electrical wiring. Cost estimating skills may be used to develop a budget and verify the expenses of contractors. Provide oversight of the design intent process as a Contracting Officer Representative (COR). Provides project assistance and conducts evaluations of change orders as required.
- Inspect tenant agency assignments to maximize space use and set standards. Housing, phasing, and stacking plans may be needed. Obtain client program needs via organizational surveys, analyses, and space requirements reports. This comprises data collecting, quantitative analysis to establish necessary square footage, and qualitative analysis to assess work flow and communications. Identify special purpose space and particular project needs for complicated projects.
- Assisting with the design process from the very beginning to the very end, including but not limited to attending meetings and design consultations, programming, space planning, site visits, selecting finishes and furnishings, presenting designs, coordinating with vendors, and negotiating pricing, as well as managing design installations and maintaining relationships with clients.
- Set up professional home consultations to show customized room designs, including samples of fabrics, furniture, tables, and accessories, as well as the benefits of hiring a professional.
- Space-related contractors should be monitored. Contractors should be given work based on the scope of the project. Prepare the scope of work and request services from the designated contractor, prepare a detailed justification for the selection, monitor the progress of contracted projects, enforce contract responsibilities, document contract actions, review and approve deliverables for contract compliance, process partial or final payment based on services rendered, and amend the original delivery order to meet new or revised needs.
- Plan, design, and furnish interior environments for commercial projects by using the concepts of interior design variables such as space planning, layout and usage of furniture and equipment, color schemes, and color coordination. These factors include:
- Pre-Design and Programming: Interpret customer requirements utilizing consultative skills during customer interviews, site visits, and/or client meetings. Assist the customer in comprehending the needed scope of services, the complexity of services and deliverables, and the required budget and timescale.
- Consult with client-agency leaders on services, methodology, and workplace design. To meet the needs of both the customer and project team, it is necessary to discuss and develop a timeframe for the project. Involved in the development of agency space for the customer and the contractor alike Provides technical support to the client agency and ensures that design criteria and space allocation rules are met. Work with client-agency representatives to provide verbal, written, and visual proposals and get authorization throughout the space design process.
- Ability in computer-aided drawing in order to develop design intent plans; and the ability to interact with contractors via the electronic transmission of information on ideas.
- Ability to construct and deliver visual representations in an effective manner via oral, writing, and graphic communication, including the capability to design working drawings.
- The ability to prepare and award small purchase contracts for interior design and related services requires knowledge of a wide variety of federal procurement regulations and procedures, as well as the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), including specific knowledge of simplified acquisition procedures.
- Knowledge of sophisticated and creative space planning and interior design applications, including the capacity to change normal practice and adopt state-of-the-art planning methodologies to satisfy atypical needs.
- Being able to plan and execute uncommon or difficult office space management projects as well as assess and approve or change proposals from other employees or in-house contractors requires an in-depth understanding of office space management concepts, practices and methodologies.