This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
24 Feb 2023
Full-Time First Shift Engineering technician – Madame
Python, C, C++, the bash shell, or some other language suitable for the task will be used by an Engineering Technician to write code and scripts for test execution and analysis. These scripts/code will execute tests, collect artifacts for testing, analyze artifacts to determine success or failure, and store the results in a stack. Data will be consumed, visualized, and key performance indicators reported on as part of this stack’s development (KPIs). They’ll have the ability to collaborate with others, collect and organize data, and present and discuss their findings.
Job Title : First Shift Engineering technician
Location : Madame, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Salary : $ 29.17 per hour.
Company : Tellabs Inc.
Job Type : Full-Time
- Maintains complete project records and design/drawing files for assigned projects; handles electronic and paper records of daily department activity; updates database files as needed.
- Collaborates with engineers and other employees to develop solutions to City infrastructure needs; uses GPS, GIS, and CADD software to create plans, skilled engineering drawings, specifications, details, maps, plats, and other displays for engineering projects.
- Contract documents and permits are prepared; construction specifications are written and reviewed by the contractor to ensure compliance with established rules and regulations; bids and estimates are compiled; costs for materials, labor, and equipment are checked for accuracy; and technical construction advice is given as required.
- Assists in the interpretation of maps and plats; creates and maintains a variety of maps using computer-aided design software; collects data pertinent to meeting grants, permits, and environmental criteria; and more.
- Uses in-depth knowledge of engineering principles and methods to calculate ratios, volumes, angles, grades, construction quantities, and other aspects of assigned projects; develops cost estimates; and verifies calculations made by third-party contractors.
- Evaluates designs and makes preliminary decisions on technical compliance issues; reviews a variety of residential and commercial plans, plats, permits, reports, and studies to ensure they adhere to ordinance and construction standard requirements. Cooperating with outside architects and engineers to solve problems and offer guidance on code compliance; analyzing and assessing the proposed project’s impact; and recommending approval and/or corrective action to address deviations or violations.
- Regular duties associated with this position include the following. If the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this categorization, then the lack of detailed specifications of the requirements does not rule them out. We may ask you to take on more responsibilities.
- Reacts quickly to and repairs any problems with equipment. Problem-solving (when necessary). Fixes or replaces things like broken or worn components, motors, and controllers.
- Meets with professional design consultants, plans public outreach and information creation, drafts letters and mass mailings to explain projects and address citizen questions, concerns, and complaints.
- Assesses road conditions and determines necessary corrective actions to repair or resurface roadways; gathers, investigates, and analyzes a wide variety of engineering and operational data in support of County infrastructure; takes part in field and topographical surveys for design assignments; contributes to stake/field layout design components for construction projects; checks multiple construction sites to ensure that plans and specifications are being met; manages a number of independent territories
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer system engineering, or a closely related field of engineering is required.
- You need at least three years of experience in surveying, drafting, or entry-level civil engineering work, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Effective communication abilities are crucial.
- The ideal candidate would have excellent computer skills and an understanding of road design tools. Utilizes a variety of computer-based tools such as Autocad Civil D, Trimble, the web, spreadsheets, word processing, state software for roads and bridges, and others as assigned or taught.
- All applicants provisionally selected for VA employment in a testing defined position must submit to a urinalysis to check for illegal drug use prior to their appointment. The VA will reject applicants who refuse to take the exam.