6 May 2023
Full-Time Engineering Technician 3 – Khor Fakkan
An Engineering Technician will write test execution and analysis code and scripts in python, C, C++, bash shell, or another language appropriate for the job. These scripts/code will run tests, gather test artefacts, process test artefacts to determine pass/fail, and record the results in a stack. Work will be done on the stack to consume and visualize data, as well as report on KPIs (KPIs). They’ll be able to work in a team, document and present their findings, and troubleshoot issues.
Job Title : Engineering Technician 3
Location : Khor Fakkan, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Salary : $ 26.34 per hour.
Company : Semtech
Job Type : Full-Time
- Examines a wide range of residential and commercial plans, plats, permits, reports, and studies for compliance with ordinances and construction standards; evaluates designs and makes preliminary conclusions on technical compliance issues. Working with third-party architects and engineers to resolve difficulties and provide code compliance guidance; evaluating and assessing the impact of the planned project; and making approval and/or remedial action recommendations to address deviations or violations
- Develops construction specifications and reviews contractor specifications for compliance with established rules and regulations; organizes bid proposals and calculates cost estimates; prepares contract documents for projects and all required permitting; reviews materials, labor, and equipment costs to verify accuracy; and provides technical guidance for construction as needed.
- Analyzes a range of engineering and operational data to support County infrastructure; compile, study and analyze staking out design components in the field for building projects and participating in field and topographical surveys for design assignments road condition evaluation and remedial procedures to repair or resurface roads; ensuring that on-site construction is completed in accordance with the plans and specifications laid forth for it; is in charge of several fiefs.
- Writing legal descriptions of real estate; interpreting maps and plans; creating or updating various CAD maps; accumulating data on compliance with requirements for grants, permits, and environmental restrictions.
- Among other things, the incumbent is responsible for keeping electronic and hardcopy records of daily department operations; completing project records and design/drawing files for given projects; and keeping database files up to date as necessary.
- Response and repair to mechanical failures of machines. Resolving Issues (when necessary). Replaces worn or damaged components, motors, and control devices, amongst other things.
- The following are the responsibilities of this position: It is not necessary to have a detailed explanation of the obligations in order to classify a work as comparable, related, or logical. Even though you’re not guaranteed new duties, it is feasible.
- Using a solid grasp of engineering ideas and methods, calculates ratios, volumes, angles, grades, construction quantities, and other project components as needed by the assigned project.
- Using GPS, GIS, and CADD software, prepares plans, skilled engineering drawings, specifications, details, maps, plats, and other displays for engineering projects; collaborates with engineers and other employees to help find solutions for the City’s infrastructure needs.
- Provides engineering customer service, meets with professional design consultants, organizes public outreach and produces information for dissemination, draughts letters and bulk mailings for project explanations, and answers to citizen concerns, queries, and complaints.
- It is necessary to have a working understanding of roadway design software and computer operations. Works with computer-related products including AutoCAD Civil 3D, Trimble, the internet, spreadsheets, word processing, State software for road and bridge, and other applications as needed or taught.
- You must have three years of experience in civil engineering surveying or drawing or any other sub-professional civil engineering job that equips you with the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities for this role.
- It is necessary to have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer system engineering, or a related engineering degree.
- All candidates who have been provisionally approved for VA employment in a testing-specified job are submitted to a urinalysis in order to screen for illegal drug usage prior to being appointed to their positions. Applicants who refuse to take the exam will have their applications rejected by the Veterans Administration.
- Communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are essential.