This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
21 Feb 2023
Full-Time Commissioning Interior Designer – Rams
Interior Designers help with interior/exterior selection and definition. Prepares spec/material swatch boards/customer samples/etc. to let customer decide. As needed, advise other interior designers.
Job Title : Commissioning Interior Designer
Location : Rams, Ras Al-Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
Salary : $ 30.18 per hour.
Company : Ames Department Stores, Inc.
Job Type : Full-Time
- Multiple contractors supplying the government with space design and development services must be monitored. Determine which contractors will be awarded certain projects based on the project’s task scope. Prepare scope of work and initiates the request for services with the designated contractor, prepare detailed justification for selection, continuously monitor the progress of the contracted projects, enforce contract responsibilities, document contract actions, review and approve deliverables for compliance with the contract, process partial or final payment based on the adequacy of the services rendered, and modify the original delivery order to meet new or revised specifications.
- Assisting with the design process from the very beginning to the very end, including but not limited to attending meetings and design consultations, programming, space planning, site visits, selecting finishes and furnishings, presenting designs, coordinating with vendors, and negotiating pricing, as well as managing design installations and maintaining relationships with clients.
- Examine design intent drawings, mirrored ceiling plans, finish, door, and hardware schedules, telephone and electrical specifications and plans, furniture plans, architectural detailing, details, and millwork, and color and finish coordination for spaces. Use cost estimation expertise to create budget information and to ensure that contractor charges are fair and reasonable. Act as a Contracting Officers Representative (COR) throughout the project to verify that all parties follow the design intended plans. Examines future modification orders and offers technical help to projects as needed.
- Inspect and survey tenant agency assignments to maximize space usage, and set criteria. In this context, housing, phasing, and stacking designs may be necessary. Obtain client program needs via user organizational surveys, analyses, and space requirements reports; this involves data collecting and quantitative analysis to calculate necessary square footage, as well as qualitative analysis to assess work flow and communication lines. Determine special purpose space and specific needs for the most complicated projects, doing more in-depth investigation as needed.
- Consult with client-agency executives on services, methodology, and office design. Discuss and design project timeline to satisfy client/project team objectives. Assist client agency workers and contractor in developing agency space. Resolves any technical design concerns for the client agency and assures adherence to design requirements and space allocation guidelines. Consult with client-agency authorities throughout space planning and interior design to offer oral, textual, and visual suggestions and get permissions.
- Complete order information accurately, collect deposits and fees, maintain orderly customer records, and investigate client payments and delivery.
- Plan, create, and furnish interior settings for commercial projects, employing interior design concepts such as space planning, furniture and equipment placement, color schemes, and color coordination.
- Set up in-home consultations with experienced interior designers who can show you how to incorporate your own personal style into your home’s decor.
- Carry out a wide variety of substantial, complicated, and sensitive projects that run continuously the most of the time and entail ongoing interactions with senior staff members of the client agency. These projects range widely in size and complexity.
- Interviews, site visits, and other meetings are essential before beginning any design or programming work to get a thorough understanding of the client’s requirements. To assist the client understand the range of services, the complexity of services and deliverables, and the time and money required.
- Knowledge of sophisticated and creative space planning and interior design applications, as well as the capacity to adapt normal practice and adopt cutting-edge planning methodologies in order to satisfy atypical needs.
- Information of computer-aided drawing in order to develop design intent plans and the ability to interact with contractors via the electronic transmission of knowledge on ideas.
- Federal procurement policies and processes; Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), including special knowledge of streamlined acquisition procedures; and sources necessary to develop and award small purchase contracts for interior design and associated services are essential.
- Capacity to communicate verbally, in writing, and graphically in order to create visual representations and convey them in a manner that is persuading, including the ability to generate workable drawings.
- A working knowledge of office space management concepts such as space planning and layout, furniture and interior design is required in order to create, plan, and carry out unusual and complex projects in these areas, as well as to evaluate proposals from other staff members or in-house contractors and make changes as necessary.